What Is My IP Address?
Your IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Internet Service Provider:
What Is My Public IP Address in simple terms?
IP address stands for Internet Protocol address and it is an unique address(series of numbers) tied to any computer or device on the internet. This IP address is assigned to your device form your local Internet Service Provider.
Computers, laptops and mobile phones use IP addresses to communicate over the internet or other local networks.
Any WiFi router that provides you with internet access is connected to the public internet. This public IP address allows the protocol to differentiate these devices from each other. These IP addresses are unique and are known as "external IP".
Can someone track me by my IP address?
The IP address associated with your WiFi router or computer controls traffic back to your device. Since it is unique then it can be located to a certain point but it does not provide your exact location. The data that another person can see based on your IP address can be:
- The internet provider you use to connect to the internet
- Your geographic position
To get more detailed data, for example your home address, someone would need to have access to the Internet Service Provider records and get that information from them.
Is your IP your exact address?
IP addresses do not reveal your exact location like a home address and nor your name, phone number, or personal information.
How do I stop my IP address being tracked?
- Use a VPN service. VPN acts as an intermediary server that encrypts your data that goes to the internet. Using a VPN will also hide your IP address since you will be given a different IP address from the VPN.
- Use Tor Network. Tor comes from The Onion Router and it is based of thousands of server nodes ran by volunteers. It is free and open-source software for enabling anonymous communication.
- Use a proxy.
5 Reasons to Hide your IP Address Online
- Stop Advertising Networks from Tracking You
- Hide Your Internet Activity from Your Internet Service Provider
- Keep Your Sensitive Browsing Data Private
- Protect Your Data from Governments
- Break the Geographical Barriers for Services That Require Certain Location